Monday, May 31, 2010

Day One - Sort of

I am still working out the details of this whole Paleo thing. Some sites say coffee is OK but others forbid it. This morning I indulged in a cup with creamer (left over in my fridge). Then I schlepped to the grocery store and stocked up on veggies, fruits, lean meats, etc. I am not sure I made all the right choices but at least have a good start.

Returned home and made myself a nice sized bowl with chopped green peppers, chopped cucumber, diced lean ham with sea salt and olive oil. Actually quite tasty. I resisted the immediate urge to grab some chips to go with the chopped salad. Am satisfied and content after eating it. I cut up 3 more peppers and the rest of the cucumber so they are ready in the fridge.

My goal for the rest of the day is to read up on Paleo and get some good ideas for upcoming meals. Our dinners are already very Paleo in nature, as we tend to cook our own (grass fed) beef with some veggies. Tonight we have a roast nestled in the crockpot with veggies and some wine over the top. It will be the breakfasts and the lunches (at work) that will be tough for me.

I have more questions than answers at this point but am going to try this 30 day challenge no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment