Breakfast was the toughest part of today. I could simply not stomach the thought of cooking meat and wolfing down a large meal. So I grabbed a Zone breakfast bar. I know it is not Paleo but hopefully it is better than nothing. Also had a cup of coffee with just a dribble of creamer.
For lunch I packed: roasted turkey breast, strawberries/cherries/blueberries, a freeze dried apple and water. I ate this at my desk shortly after burning through a serious CF workout. I was sweaty and tired and the protein helped a lot.
At 3:30 I had a snack of 2 hard boiled eggs and some veggies (carrots, broccoli). I shared this with my son so didn't actually eat all of it on my own.
For dinner I baked Tilapia with some peach salsa on top. Yum! I added 1/2 avocado, and 2 small tomatoes. Only added a little salt to the avocado.
I feel very satisfied from a hunger perspective. However, I have a serious sugar craving. Just after dinner I was craving a little bite of chocolate or something sweet. And the slight heartburn (from tomatoes? salsa?) makes wanting chocolate all the harder to ignore. grrrrrr. Sugar is the hardest part.
I talked with some others who try to go paleo and it seems like everyone had a different take on what is allowed / how they have adapted to it. Some think dairy is OK and others include a few beans now and again. I will have to determine which path is the one that works for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment